I had no idea what to write about, so I rolled 2d6 and scored…
So here are eight random thoughts about gaming:
- It’s amazing to me how quickly people can form a bond around the topic of tabletop roleplaying.
- I feel a strong emotional reaction when rolling either 2d6 or 3d6 when I am playing – it’s a positive vibe! Maybe it comes from Traveller?
- There is a nostalgia I feel for the period of gaming I grew up in (1980s) which transcends the particular games from that period. This is curious to me.
- There is something eminently preferable to a booklet or small box of booklets over a hardbacked book, although I can’t really rationalise it.
- Is it weird that I would rather have a black-and-white book with line art than all the glitzy pictures in other games?
- I have a warm spot for product codes and can identify many games from just seeing the code – e.g., TLG 80107-2
- As I get older, I tend to see the new edition as an inevitable let-down.
- I really miss having a face-to-face group.
I told you I didn’t know what to write. Make of it what you will.